Thursday, November 02, 2006

Ohhh-hhhh Domino


So apparently, the world is full of herpes.

Herpes here, herpes there, herpes herpes -- and I'm not kidding -- every where. Several people I know recently found out that they have it. Like a big herpes domino set up, down they all came, one by one, until they all had it. Except me. Well, what I'll have to do is go and get tested, and most likely I'll have a simplex that no one has ever heard of that causes ear mold and burned toast. One in four has the dreaded beastie; either simplex 1, which is most often a cold sore (which I have and is soooo much fun), or simplex 2, which I am sure that the devil himself created one day when it was raining outside and he was feeling particularly irascible.

The word itself is derived from Latin, from Greek herpEs, from herpein -- to creep. To creep! Yes, and that's how the evil thing gets from one person to another, sheet creeping. Spit swapping. Intermucosal mingling. I totally made that last one up, but it sounded really good. Oh man, I just can't take it. I have enough problems as it is. A dysfunctional colon. Bad feet. A tin spine. I don't need another catastrophic disease, especially one that burns up my nether regions. Pray for my girl parts.

1 Comments:

At 5:12 PM, Blogger kara said...

Intermucosal mingling

It's like what Romeo and Juliet did. But their parents didn't like it becuase they were warring. And talking funny. Anyway, I'm sure Shakespeare meant to intimate that after the intermucosal mingling...both contracted herpes. the end.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home