Friday, July 28, 2006

Spam o' plenty


My new hobby is spamming my co-worker Dan. Which is completely ironic, since that's what I do for a living. Now it's seeped into other areas of my life. At last count I have sent Dan 4 links and 2 pictures today, including a link to this blog. I found out though that he doesn't always open the links I send him. What? You're kidding me. I pick each link with care; it's always pertinent to our IM conversations. Here's an example.

[Dan] : is leela the slut or the Katey (sp) Segal character?
[Jen] : I loved when they had to use Fry to defeat the brains, and Nibbler had this big deep voice. Katy character
[Dan] : i do remember that one. fry makes homer look like a super genius
[Jen] : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nibbler_(Futurama)
[Jen] : don't you love that I am constantly sending you shit?
[Dan] : you and my mother
[Jen] : great
[Dan] : sorry
[Dan] : i love it because i don't have to actually click on it, unlike work-related links
[Jen] : but you could, if you wanted
[Jen] : I like to give the people I send shit to a choice
[Dan] : "if i wanted" being the clause that stands out
[Dan] : you are a true mother teresa
[Jen] : wait, I have to show you this. You'll die. You HAVE to click on this.
[Dan] : ok, i'm waiting with baited breath

You see how the wikipedia link fit in right there? And it led into another link situation, all relevant to the conversation. Dan needs to get on the link wagon. He needs these links, he just doesn't know it yet. But I figure continuous spamming will enlighten him, and make him realize that reading the crap I send him will make him a better man.

1 Comments:

At 8:22 PM, Blogger kara said...

I would say Dan was a lost cause if I wasn't privy to his collection of stylish shoes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home